(I am not sure how the next couple of weeks will pan out (time wise), so I might or might not post my regular News Related Opinion Pieces (NROP) and the CW series. If I do not, Merry Christmas/ Happy Kwanzaa/ Happy New Year/ Happy whatever_it_is_you_celebrate (let me know in the comments) !!! So happy to be a part of a community with you!)
It seems it is the award season again! Before I proceed with the official business, I have to do an introduction on what I see behind the curtain of blogging awards. Feel free to skip it if you are here just for the Q&A and nominations. Or just read the intro/ rant, if you do not like these award posts.
There are some bloggers who choose not to accept this nomination, and I understand that. They either do not have much time to spend on an extra/ unforeseen post, or they do not think it fits the idea behind their blog. Both explanations are valid to me, and I have to admit that I considered that myself. While it is rewarding to achieve these awards, it surely can be a bit overwhelming, especially when they come in spurs (a few at a time). Of course, there might be other answers as to why someone chooses not to participate, but I found these two to be the most prevalent.
When I stumbled upon this nomination of mine, I took a bit of time to consider the pros and cons. Although I was very grateful for the recognition, I was not sure if I wanted to do it. But then, two things hit me:
- Someone actually likes my blog and went through the effort of sharing that fondness with other people, which makes it super exciting and humbling.
- These “Awards” serve as a really good “get-to-know-the-blogger” vehicle. I do not know about you, but I find myself reading through people’s responses in order to have a better understanding of what kind of person they are and what we have in common.
I found these two to be profound for me. Now, onto the award ceremony!
The exact rules seem to vary from award to award, but let me lay out the ground rules:
- Include the Liebster Award logo in your post.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you (link to their site).
- Answer the questions asked by the blogger that nominated you.
- Nominate a number of bloggers that you will give this award to.
- Ask them some questions of your own.
- Make sure you actually reach out to those you nominated, so they are aware of that honor. Pingbacks used to work for me so well (whenever someone posted a link to my blog I got a notification), but as of this month, it does not seem to work at all. 😦
This nomination comes from Vibes Life Us (Good Vibes and Surviving Adulthood). This blog is ran by a couple, living their life to the fullest by travelling and attending all sorts of festivals… while taking care of a baby. They break the status quo by showing that you can be a responsible grown up and still have a great (family) time. Whether you are a parent or not, if you like to have a good time and let the good vibes fly, then click on the link above and give them a visit.
Just as I was ready to publish this one, I got a nomination from Nash Christmas. (Just as I was going to nominate him. Hahah.) On his blog he discusses various important issues, which he supports with research and his own experience. So relatable. Always adding a personal touch. Life lessons. Stories that affect our everyday life. He is not a native English speaker, but the content of his posts far than makes up for the small issues. Take a look for yourself!
Thanks guys for picking me for this honor!!!
It is now time for the Q&A (from Vibes), which I feel like I am going to bomb…
1. What is the most extreme thing you have ever done?
- Thanks for reminding me that I still have not bungee jumped. I have done some zip-lining, abseiling, deep cave diving. Sky diving is still waiting for me, too. Among my family/ friends, I am considered to be less of a scare than others, and usually willing to try things others would not. But all of a sudden, I cannot think of something I would consider “extreme”…
2. What is the best memory that you have while travelling?
- There is just so many. When we swam with dolphins, when we watched the sunrise while sitting on a cliff overlooking the sea, unlimited booze, stunning architecture, gripping history of the places we visited, etc. However, the best memory is the memory of something that will never be again – a memory of our family exploring new places together.
3. If you could give someone £1,000,000 who would you give it to?
- Can I say: “myself”? I think I would make good use of it. If not, then I would choose my sister. That would help her reach her dreams, and she would do so in a reasonable manner (vs. just spending it on parties, etc.). Of course we would share the wealth with others, too.
4. Do you think education, as it is today, does justice to life and learning?
- First of all, formal education is still quite different in various countries. Putting that aside, I will say that it does not prepare you for life. There is still so much to learn as you go along. I am happy if I learn something new every day. HOWEVER, I do think the premise behind the schooling system is valid. Yes, you learn a lot of useless things, but you also learn many other necessary skills. Sometimes I wish I actually paid more attention to the things I just knew I did not need back then.
5. When do you find time to blog?
- I know, right? It is hard at times, but I try and clench my sphincter (sorry, I could not help myself) on the weekends to come up with content and share my thoughts from the week.
6. Marmite, love it or hate it?
- Do not know. Never tried it. But from all the videos I have seen/ all the descriptions I have read in the past, I am fairly confident that it is absolutely disgusting.
7. Who are your 6 ultimate dinner party guests, and why?
- There are a few different answers depending on what kind of dinner I want it to be (ex. educational, relaxing, fun, etc). It would probably involve a couple of my long dead relatives (so that I could meet them/ talk to them as an adult/ see their reaction to our current technology, etc.), the President (to gain his insight and maybe squeeze myself into the next race), Tim Allen (actor; because he is hilarious), and a couple of my current friends so they can share my experience. I would also love to sit with some Biblical people, some Pharaohs and some impressionistic painters like Monet.
8. Have you ever visited a place just because you saw it in a book/ series/ animation/ movie? What was that place?
- No. I have not gone somewhere just because it was a location from a book/ movie. However, while in Tunisia we went to the desert where they filmed Star Wars.
9. What would your super power be?
- Any super power would be cool. However, as of right now, with a lot of my loved ones being scattered around the world, and my passion for travelling, being able to fly would be really useful! Teleportation would be great. If that was to be combined with being invisible… oh maaaaan… the possibilities!
10. What is your favorite book?
- I do not have one. When it comes to favorite ANYTHING, I really do not have one. Too many to choose from. As a kid I loved “Secret garden”.
Now my answers to Nash’s questions. Here we go:
- Favorite actor/actress ? I do not really care about any of them in particular.
- Favorite destination for vacation ? Australia is what I look forward to.
- What do you hate the most ? Interesting questions… I hate it when people are late. Or unreliable. Or when they do not stick to their word. Aside from people… I do not like mornings.
- What is the major problem in today’s time ? I feel so pessimistic about so many things. Politics are an issue. Drugs are an issue. Lack of respect and consideration among human beings…
- Most important values and virtues your partner needs to have ? Honest, funny, conservative in some aspects, spontaneous, caring, reasonable.
- Does true love still exists ? I think so. But it is often overlooked, or not even properly searched for. It seems not the be the end goal for a lot of people, which is somewhat weird to me.
- Tell me a joke or a funny thing happened to you ? “Whenever I undress in the bathroom, my shower gets turned on.” I found this joke somewhat funny. Hope you do, too.
- What do you consider to be smart person from your side ? Someone who thinks for themselves. Someone who knows when to admit they are wrong instead of arguing even if it is clear they are wrong. Someone who values other people’s smarts and does not get intimidated by them. Someone who is interested in learning.
- What would you change in your past ? Even though my life is not perfect and sometimes I wish things had gone differently, I would not change anything, because I would not be where I am now. And who knows, if I changed something, my life might be even more upside down than it is now…
- Why did you start writing ? To share my thoughts. To help release the emotional tension.
Nominations: (check them out, people!!!)
My questions to those whom I nominated:
- What do like eating for desert?
- Are you an early bird or a night owl?
- Are you vegan/ vegetarian or an omnivore and why?
- Do you currently live in the same city you were born in and why/ why not?
- If I asked you to teach me something, anything, what would it be?
- *Bonus for those of you who follow me* What made you follow me?