UPDATE: 9/9/18. The comment section is now closed. I hope you all enjoyed yourself and discovered some previously hidden gems. Hopefully, I will see you all next year. Thanks for coming over!
When I hosted a block party a year ago, just three months after I started blogging, I did not think that I would be in this position again. The year has gone by very quickly.
In order to see how it worked in last year, please go, and check it out here –> part 1 and here –> part 2. Back then, I really enjoyed that format. My goal was to unite the small community around me. I wanted my friends to become each other’s friends. Also, I wanted us all to get to know one another better.
However, this time around, I do not think that would work. The main reason is that my community has grown since then (plays “Celebration” by Kool and The Gang). Moreover, I feel like all of the “Award” posts satisfy the “get to know me” part quite well.
What I did not want to do was create a post, and have people spam their links. I did not want it to be another “Community Pool” type of thing, because many people are overlooked. Some people get a lot more attention than others. Some people check everyone else’s blogs but get just a view, or two themselves.
I wanted this to be fun and fair for everyone. And easy.
With all this in mind,
My kind request is that:
- you post a line or two (do not write an essay) about you/ your blog so that the person that reads your comment knows what to expect.
- you post a link to either your blog or a specific post (your choice).
- you do not post more than once.
- you check out at least the link posted last (the one before you; my comment section is organized the way that the oldest comment shows up first, so be sure to scroll down for the latest comment). Please feel free to check out as many as you can. Maybe all. I just want everyone feel included.
- you leave some sort of a comment on the blog of the person you visited (leaving a “nice blog” as a comment in this comment section is not enough) AND comment here under the link you visited with a short “commented”, or something similar.
Please!, include a short description of you/ your blog/ your post. Do not just post a link and leave.
If you are the first person to post, please come back to this post, and visit a random person’s blog.
If you are the last person to post… I will have to think about it. (Maybe that is enough of an incentive for you to share this post with others so that you are NOT last?) Rest assured that you will not be forgotten. I will think of something.
My plan is for me to visit ALL of your links. It might not be on the same day you comment, but it will happen. (Unless, this goes viral, and I get MILLIONS of comments. And even then, I would probably do my best to respond to all.)
As of right now, the comment section will remain open for a week. However, I do retain the right to close it sooner or keep it open for longer. It all depends on how all this goes.
It is so great when I read someone’s blog, and then, in the comment section, I see someone else I know. You grow your community that way. That is my goal with this Block Party. For all of you to get to know each other, and for me to get to know your buddies.
It is my hope that you come in, take a look around, and maybe chat someone up from another country. Or maybe you will discover someone that is your literal neighbor? Who knows?
Feel free to reblog this post and/or share on social media.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Hit LIKE.
Have some thoughts on the topic? Share in the COMMENTS.
Do you regularly enjoy my blog? Be sure to FOLLOW.
Are my posts getting lost in your busy Reader? Try SUBSCRIBING.