Welcome to the 3rd installment of the BLOGGING TIPS!
I hope you are half excited as I am about this unique collaboration.
If you have missed the previous ones, feel free to check out:
JANUARY (<— click there)
FEBRUARY (<— click there)
In February we had a 2-in-1 question.
How do you promote your blog?/ What do you do to get others to read your posts?
- include a link to the blog in the email signature
- post a link to the blog on social media
- join a blogging, or topical group and post your link there
- interact with other bloggers in their comment section
- post a link in Swimmers, or other Community Pool based threads
- promote others (what goes around comes around)
- collaborate with other bloggers (to have their followers introduced to you)
- do guest posts
- word of mouth (offline and online)
- share a link with real life people, who can share that link with other people they know
- include hashtags for search purposes
- tag your posts correctly
- make sure your Gravatar is linked to your blog (that when you leave a comment, people are able to click on your name and be directed to your site)
- make your post SEO friendly
- make your title click-worthy
- add quality photos to the post
- make your post visually appealing (break into paragraphs)
- write with your readers in mind and their expectations of you when it comes to content
- check your post for typos, etc.
- include something that people like and think is cute (i.e. animals)
It was a bit surprising, yet somewhat reassuring to see that a lot of us do not really push our content onto unsuspecting civilians. (Or did you choose not to tell us how so that you retain the upper hand?)
I hope that like me, you find something helpful in the answers above.
What do you wish to have known before you started blogging that would have better equipped you?
Please share your answers in the comment section so that new bloggers have an easier start. After all, we all need the community to grow. More bloggers, more potential readers. Plus, we can never stop learning.
A huge THANK YOU to those who participated last month. You are making this blogging world a better place. Please consider contributing this time around, too.
There were two bloggers that particularly opened my eyes to a couple of things.
Which tips made you want to do more?
Please feel free to go through my Contact page and share with me what YOU would like investigated and answered by the Community next month.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Hit LIKE.
Have some thoughts on the topic? Share in the COMMENTS.
Do you regularly enjoy my blog? Be sure to FOLLOW.
Are my posts getting lost in your busy Reader? Try SUBSCRIBING.