Welcome to the 4th installment of the BLOGGING TIPS!
If you have missed the previous ones, feel free to check out:
JANUARY – rules; an introduction
FEBRUARY – tells you how to get the most comments.
MARCH – gives you tips on how to promote your content.
I hope you find some things there that will help you make your blogging world a better place.
What do you wish to have known before you started blogging that would have better equipped you?
- how to promote your blog (read the March installment)
- how to interact with others and gain an audience (see February)
- how to categorize your posts (Create just a few main categories and use multiple tags to attach to the post. Having more than 12 (?) tags will flag you as a spammer, and WP will not show you in the searches.)
- that jumping on the “follow for follow” train can prove disastrous (your Reader is spammed with non-stop content and you miss out on those you really like + some people unfollow you as soon as you follow them)
- that the WP community can be very supportive and that you can find many friends (an incentive to just start your blogging journey sooner than later + a reason to just keep going when times get tough)
- what the difference between various WP account plans (blogger, personal, premium) is (it can be rather tricky, but remember that you can get your money back and revert within 30 days if you are unhappy with it)
- that blogging isn’t easy
- that you need to be consistent to achieve some of your blogging goals
2-in-1 again. I thought they were different, yet similar enough.
What makes you follow and unfollow a blog?
What makes you subscribe and unsubscribe from an email list?
Please share your answers in the comment section so that new bloggers have an easier start. After all, we all need the community to grow. More bloggers, more potential readers. Plus, we can never stop learning.
A huge THANK YOU to those who participated last month. You are making this blogging world a better place. Please consider contributing this time around, too.
Obi came up with some great lessons this month that I have not thought of, but are spot on.
Please feel free to go through my Contact page and share with me what YOU would like investigated and answered by the Community next month.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Hit LIKE.
Have some thoughts on the topic? Share in the COMMENTS.
Do you regularly enjoy my blog? Be sure to FOLLOW.
Are my posts getting lost in your busy Reader? Try SUBSCRIBING.