*NOMINATION NO. 1*
*GET TO KNOW ME BETTER*
(See page 1 for thanks and intro.)
FROM: Em, who uses her blog as a resource to cope with her mental health issues. She struggles with depression and anxiety. Her posts are raw, relatable, and thought-provoking.
- Share seven facts about yourself that aren’t super-present in your blog;
- Tag other bloggers you adore; and
- Create a pingback so that I know to come and check out your response.
7 THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I refuse to use anything with the symbol of a bitten apple on it. It is a cult I to which I do not want to belong. Most people around me are a part of it, though. I guess it is very much a matter of what you get exposed to at an early age.
- I like everything about citruses (well, not their seeds, or the pulp…). They are so refreshing, and their smell is absolutely addicting to me. Spray it around me, and I will go into a trans.
- Some sounds (often high-pitched, like the noise chalk makes when pressed against the board) render me completely useless for a moment. Other sounds (like chewing with your mouth open) infuriate me. It is not something that I can help. It seriously hurts my brain. Please, do not do it on purpose when in my presence. I can try and ignore it for a moment, but it will only last so long.
- Aside from the Space bar, the most worn-out key on my keyboard is the letter “N.” That is the case with any and every keyboard I use. Not exactly sure why. I never replace my keyboard/ its keys. Even if the letters wear out. I would much rather change the whole computer (yes, I mostly use laptops this past decade). I once got keyboard stickers for someone who wanted them. I think they look terrible and are impractical (they were sliding all over the key). Maybe they just were not of the best quality.
- Golf never interested me. Someone once told me that you play golf to network, which I can understand, but otherwise, I cannot see any benefits to it. It is too slow-paced.
- I am the worst at voice impersonation and accents. I am not sure how someone can be as terrible at it as me. I do not think I have ever met anyone worse than me. Something must be broken in my head or mouth/ throat, or both.
- I love volunteering at sporting events. Ever since I was a kid, I watched and played sports. However, these past few years, I have been mostly passive. Taking part in those events help me give back to the sporting community. I have so many pleasant memories related to sports (whether playing or watching). It also enables me to watch the games from up close.