First things first:
HAPPY NEW YEAR MY BLOGGING BUDDIES!
May 2020 be filled with
more joy than sorrow,
more laughter than tears,
more accomplishments than failures.
May your writing flourish
and remain evergreen.
If you know me, you know that I like doing things differently. This is not going to be about how I envision blogging in 2020. It will not be a look back at my accomplishments in 2019, either.
My blogging journey began in 2017. After a few months, it was the end of the year, and everyone was summing up the year and coming up with resolutions for the upcoming year. Admittedly, back then, I did not feel like I had much to boast about, and I definitely had no idea what the new year would bring. What I thought would be cool was a list of all my posts to date. During five or so months of 2017, I wrote precisely 60 posts. I was so proud. I thought composing such a list (with descriptions) would enable anyone new to my blog to pick something that would interest them, instead of blindly clicking on random posts in hopes it would be to their liking. After writing that list, I realized that it was going to become a tradition here at DailyFlabbergast.
2018 was my first FULL year of blogging. I was beyond proud and excited. It was not something I was confident about achieving when the year began. I went from 60 posts in 2017 to 148 in 2018.
2019 has been another “first.” I managed to stick to a blogging schedule for the first time. With that, I arrived at over 190 posts this year.
If you are new to this blog, take a look down below to see what catches your eye.
If you joined later in the year, take a look at some of the earlier posts if you are looking for some reading material.
If you have been here since day 1 (January 1st, 2019 for this purpose), then go through the list just to make sure you did not miss anything 😉
Receiving comments on posts I have long forgotten about is pretty neat. You get to see how your views changed (if they changed).
Here, I present to you what you have all been waiting for:
The Floatinggold Compendium of 2019 (in chronological order):
- “TuesdayThoughts” – my thoughts on vegan food.
- “WednesdayWisdom” – on happiness, ignorance, and striving for more.
- “CW: Sheep in the sky” – a poem influenced by a scribble of mine found years later.
- “ThrowbackThursday” – Y2K, and other NYE parties.
- “FridayFeeling” – movie warnings going a step too far + excitement for the weekend.
- “Females – How should they dress?” – on the history of fashion in feminism.
- “CW: You won’t forget; Part 1” – a mysterious first part to a story inspired by a writing prompt.
- “On solutions – a debate” – What happens when Starbucks puts a band-aid on a deadly wound?
- “CW: You won’t forget; Part 2” – 2nd part of a tale that will make your skin crawl.
- “Answer me this; Intro + Comments” – a new segment; on comments and blogging.
- “CW: Vision – is it everything?” – a sensual poem.
- “#MondayMotivation” – because others have it worse than you.
- “#TuesdayThoughts” – Sensitivity causes a break in communication, which results in aggression.
- “#WednesdayWisdom” – The process of forgiving is arbitrary.
- “#ThrowbackThursday” – a throwback to winters as a kid.
- “Award ceremony – January 2019.” – Blogging awards, Q&A, facts, advice, etc. From bloggers to bloggers.
- “#FridayFeeling” – When life kicks you down, regain control.
- “Selfishness; When is it about us, and when should we consider others?” – a controversial piece on consideration and suicide.
- “CW: All that glitters is not gold.” – a short thriller story.
- “NROP: The hidden faces of masked celebrities – a personal tale.” – a discussion about hidden identities and an explanation of why I wear a mask.
- “BT: Answer me this: Comments + Promotion” – results from the previous month’s edition of BT, and a new question.
- “CW: Right behind you.” – a short piece on depression.
- “NROP: Do we learn through justice, or through mercy?” – Should a member of ISIS be welcomed back to the country they betrayed? We discuss.
- “CW: “Chemistry, blanket, and mailbox walk into a bar…”” – a tale about young love.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation – Prevention, not treatment is the way to go.” – a motivational piece on getting your act together before it is too late.
- “NROP: “Do not ask who I am.” – Identity in the age of fluidity.” – Comfort for some, or security for all? A discussion about side effects we rarely think of.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts – The most difficult part of blogging.” – I soul-search and admit what the hardest part of writing is.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom; Open your eyes and see what you have. Appreciate.” – I love where I live. I always have. Wherever I lived. But sometimes I forgot.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; Enticing clientele, or breeding problems?” – a sweet throwback to my first dental visit.
- “CW: Turn around bright eyes.” – a poem on wisdom and forgiveness.
- “Award ceremony – February 2019.” – some top-secret facts about me.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling; The weekend is upon us. Feel good!” – Positive vibes and an official blogging schedule.
- “NROP: Ban on freedom of speech – public service, or oppression?” – Find out how social media restricts you.
- “CW: A journey to remember.” – a short story you will never forget.
- “NROP: Robots; How far can they go? Where are the boundaries?” – A diagnosis without empathy.
- “BT: Answer me this: How to Promote Your Blog + Advice for Newbie” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: Minnie and Me.” – a cat and mouse tale in 99 words.
- “NROP: Psychology of fear; Are we afraid of the right things?” – Why is it that we fear flying more than driving a car?
- “CW: Chisel.” – 99-words on the topic of beauty stereotypes.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; No pain, no gain -The power of motivation.” – a discussion about what does and what does not motivate us.
- “NROP: Social media influencer – inspirational heroes or money-hungry scammers?” – a true story about an idol, who was less than honest.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts; Not every discussion is meant to convert you.” – on how to be able to talk and not have to agree.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom; Life is a collection of “now’s.”” – A rear-view mirror and a windshield. Which one do you use more often?
- “CW: Wet Monday – an Easter tradition.” – A short story about Wet Monday.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; That time when I got recognized.” – A lesson. Never give up. Never surrender. Don’t take yourself out of the game.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling – Thank God it’s Friday!” – letting loose and breaking a few rules.
- “Award ceremony – March 2019. A new addition.” – Featuring an award created by me for you.
- “NROP: Body modification – Does it make us more beautiful?” – Piercing, tattoos, and more. Is it a tribal tradition, or a desire to fit in.
- “CW: In the deep blue sea.” – a poem about love and sea.
- “NROP: The good and evil from within. Ways to make schools a better or a worse place.” – A prime example of how good things can come from bad situations and how adverse conditions can cause worse ones.
- “BT: Answer me this: Advice for Newbies + Creating a Following.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: Fifty years.” – a short story based on a prompt; about a spaceship, joint replacement, and love.
- “Beware!” – just keeping the community updated about WP’s technical issues of disappearing comments.
- “NROP: Press here – On how condoms became more difficult to use.” – about sex, consent, and new-technology-condoms.
- “CW: It’s not what you think.” – a coming of age tale that will make you scream, but not of pleasure.
- “NROP: Money runs the world. Who decides what to spend it on?” – Raising money for Notre-Dame – good, or bad?
- “CW: Percy, the dog. [Reblog; 8/29/17]” – a reblog of one of CW pieces from 2017.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; Be open to the possibilities.” – about being in the right place at the right time.
- “NROP: Anorexic or morbidly obese – rules of fashion.” – on extremes and beauty standards.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts; We all need help.” – on helping others and asking for help in times of need.
- “Award ceremony – April 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom; Rest when you are dead.” – Taking a break can help with productivity, so remember not to burn out.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; Hiding the body.” – on family ties, best friends and backstabbers, a lighthearted tale.
- “CW: Evil has many faces.” – a short story about fear and trauma.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling; Birthday galore.” – a mix of emotions with a pinch of social anxiety.
- “NROP: How raising awareness can kill you. Literally.” – On suicide and pop culture.
- “CW: A gift from the other side.” – a story about a woman who just lost her mother.
- “NROP: Rules need not apply; Hypocrisy and diversion at its finest.” – on how breaking rules can be defended with the “race” card and how a tweet can make you lose a book deal.
- “BT: Answer me this: Creating a following + Finding a Niche.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: A completely new person.” – a tale about change, ungratefulness, and deceit.
- “NROP: … And perform other duties as assigned. – A tale of extracurricular job duties.” – Heart-Warming stories with a pinch of parenting hints.
- “CW: It is time to run when two moons rise.” – a short psychological thriller.
- “NROP: It is alright to not be alright. Feel what you feel and let others feel the way they feel.” – On mental health, the pressure to feel a certain way, and Happy Meals.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; You are a fighter. Overcome challenges only make you stronger.” – A motivational piece to see obstacles in a different light.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts; Sinful motivation.” – a debate on inspiration, motivation, and envy.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom – Do not wait until they are gone; appreciate now.” – Life is short. Make sure you tell the people you love how you feel before it is too late.
- “CW: Beauty surrounds us.” – a poem about the surrounding landscape and the one we are stuck in.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; 2nd blogging anniversary.” – an overview of the past two years of blogging.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling – The good outweighs the bad.” – Sometimes you just worry unnecessarily.
- “Award ceremony – May 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “NROP: Population control – necessary or immoral?” – Who are we to say who deserves to live?
- “CW: A fair warning.” – An ominous phone call keeps Laura from going on a hike. Only time will tell if it was the right decision or not.
- “NROP: Smartphone addiction – How to take back control.” – More and more people see our dependence on cell phones. Learn how you can set it aside for a day or two.
- “BT: Answer me this: Finding a Niche + The Purpose of WP.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: No one is safe.” – Part 1 out of 3. Martha watches a scheduled killing and vows revenge.
- “NROP: Is winning just about the score?” – Some people play to win. Some people are condemned for winning.
- “CW: No one is safe. Part 2” – As planned, Martha gets herself captured. What happens next?
- “NROP: Time keeps slipping. To hell with it!” – We all wish we had more hours in a day. But who said we should not use the night to complete the tasks we want to be done? Read to see how you could.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation – Find it and do not let go.” – Helpful tips for recapturing motivation, because sometimes maintaining motivation is more complicated than finding it.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts; You are not helpless.” – a reminder than we are in control of more than we think.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom; The unknown around the bend.” – Try and be prepared, but do not stress too much, for you can never really prepare for some things.
- “CW: No one is safe. Part 3.” – See if Martha broke free and arrested the killer.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; 22 years ago…” – a tip of the hat in the direction of a legend.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling: End of the week, beginning of the weekend.” – Read to find out how you can feel happy even if you are tired.
- “Award ceremony – June 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “NROP: Quick tips on how to have the Internet destroy you.” – a cautionary tale on what not to use the Internet for.
- “CW: Life” – a short poem to which many can relate.
- “NROP: Humans – the masters, the idiots, and the killers; How do animals fit into that?” – on how animals can make us laugh or cry.
- “CW: A long lost friend found via social media.” – a tribute in the form of a poem.
- “NROP: Flaws in fictional characters not welcome anymore; Stranger than Stranger Things.” – a post on the topic of truth-hiding and the decrease in creative freedom.
- “BT: Answer me this: The Purpose of WP + Time spent on WP.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: My spirit animal.” – a 99-word piece based on a true story.
- “NROP: Virginity – What it is made to mean today.” – where we discuss dismissing long-term psychological effects due to the need for fleeting satisfaction.
- “CW: Wishful thinking.” – 99 words on wishes coming true. Or not.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation – No pain, no gain.” – We often wish to achieve the end result without putting in any work. That is not how it works. Sometimes, the more you do, the better you feel, which in turn makes you want to do more.
- “NROP: To not offend – a Sisyphean task.” – proof of how anything can be misconstrued and taken as an offensive.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts – Scattered.” – on working hard, burning out, and planning.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom – Time is running out, so do not stand still.” – Reminds us how time flies and how we should not wait for motivation, because it may never come in the form we are expecting it. This post also contains interesting information on why certain months have as many/ as few days as they do.
- “Award ceremony – July 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “CW: Life under the rug.” – a witty tale of dust mites.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday: Getting a puppy.” – on when I got my first puppy.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling; Continued motivation, happiness, and rage.” – It reminds us that our emotions are not static. We can feel it all.
- “NROP: ‘Til Death Do Us Part. Wedding – a celebration of…” – Is a post about marriage… to self, or a wall, or a bridge…
- “CW: The hardened toilet paper thief.” – a short story about a company that went bankrupt due to a toilet paper thief.
- “NROP: Schools – educational or harmful?” – On changes in the role of an educator. The article shows how a parent can be powerless against the school’s attitude towards their kid.
- “BT: Answer me this: Time spent on WP + Posting frequency.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: Close your eyes, take a deep breath, and relax. Unless…” – A creative writing piece born from two different prompts. A dreamy poem with a mysterious short story.
- “Announcement: Twitter presence.” – It took me a while, but I am finally up and running on Twitter.
- “NROP: What happens when we are given what we do not want?” – a story about a brat who did not like his car.
- “CW: You were not supposed to let go! – #tbt” – a throwback to one of the poems from my early blogging days.
- “NROP: When have we become so disrespectful towards the dead?” – a debate on the appropriateness of speaking out against the dead.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; Doing it now vs. putting it off.” – on how ripping off the bandaid now, instead of later, can give you peace of mind in the future.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts: Philosophy of life – Who knows best?” – We all have different philosophies that we believe in. Will we still be convinced ours is the best as we die? Should we listen to those that have lived longer than us?
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom; You get what you need.” – There are times when you complain about the difficulties in your life. But have you thought that made it actually is what you NEED?
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; First date.” – recounting my first-ever date.
- “CW: A wedding affair.” – A short story about marriage, violence, and secrets. Based on a true story.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling; Remember to slow down – Back to the roots.” – A reminder that we need to slow down every now and again and reaccess what is really important in life. Blogging definitely helps me through tough times. Why is it important to you?
- “NROP, CW, BT, HW – What do those mean?” – an explanation of my most-used acronyms.
- “Award ceremony – August 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “NROP: What is help worth to you?; Putting conditions on the help you are to receive.” – on Amazonian fires, politics, and money.
- “Blog “Block” Party – 3rd edition” – my annual blogosphere gathering. Always a hit! Meet new bloggers and reconnect with old ones.
- “CW: The outside.” – a story about a girl who never stepped outside her home; with an ending, you will not see coming.
- “NROP: Free money – How would you spend $120,000 without getting into trouble?” – How someone else’s error can be YOUR problem. On how money does not grow on trees.
- “BT: Answer me this: Posting frequency + Title perfection.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: A trip of a lifetime.” – a spoof horror story.
- “NROP: Behind hated professions, there are hated people.” – We cast stones due to stereotypes without considering the individual we are affecting.
- “CW: What doesn’t kill them might just kill you.” – a short story about the effects of demons inside us.
- “NROP: Crowds – when there is no one there to help.” – yet another example of how cell phones are destroying humanity.
- “CW: Origins of Princess Ota; Born to be wild.” – flash fiction about the upbringing of a princess.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; Do not let failure stop you.” – a motivational post, urging you not to let one obstacle ruin your day.
- “NROP: Humiliation – Drawing attention towards it can cause more of it.” – lynching people for any and everything in hopes of going viral has become more important than anything else.
- “Award ceremony – September 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts: Lies – Their effect on our lives.” – a discussion about all sorts of lies and honesty.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom – What to do when your Internet is down.” – It is difficult to function without the Internet, but take advantage of the time off when it’s down.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday: First Thanksgiving.” – a story about my first memories related to Thanksgiving.
- “CW: I wonder who you are…” – flash fiction about life and the unknown.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling: Cautiously optimistic.” – Be grateful for what you get, but don’t get hung up on what you don’t.
- “To NaNo or Not to NaNo by Goldie” – a guest post I wrote for another blogger.
- “NROP: Compassion – is it ever out of place?” – a controversial piece on the topic of a public display of compassion.
- “BT: Answer me this: Title perfection + The importance of images.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: It Ain’t Over Til It’s Over.” – a cautionary tale about clones.
- “It’s Monday morning, and Goldie is ready to fold. Mental health day.” – An image-heavy post.
- “CW: Beware of the house on the hill, but even more of the prison beyond.” – a short story about obsession and madness.
- “NROP: Shhhh… Listen! Do you hear the sound of free speech? Scary stuff.” – Did you know that some words are illegal now?
- “CW: Life is like a box of chocolates. Sometimes there is not enough left for you.” – A short story about life, chocolates, and ego.
- “NROP: Apply these techniques to deal with SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder)-The ultimate guide to cracking the daylight savings code.” – contains the history of Daylight Saving, as well as symptoms and treatment options for the “winter blues.”
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; Make a difference by acting today. Start the “feel good” chain by paying it forward.” – motivates us to make the world a better place by doing more for others.
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts; A secret you need to know when looking for a job.” – warns us about the dangers of having (or not having) an online presence.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom; Please do not make me smile.” – On toxic positivity. Sometimes we just need to be left alone with our emotions.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; For the first time – confessions of a baker.” – on my first Halloween costume.
- “#tbt: CW: I found my way to you.” – a reblog of a story I wrote two years earlier.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling: How To Celebrate All Saints’ Day And Still Enjoy Your Friday.” – Lose yourself in reveries and find out how to become a saint.
- “Award ceremony – October 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Questions, answers, facts, and an award created by me for you.
- “NROP: How donuts made this guy a better salesperson than You.” – A tale about a man who saw a niche and jumped at the opportunity to make money.
- “CW: Visitation” – a 99-word flash fiction piece for Halloween.
- “NROP: Romeo and Juliet – one thing to avoid in assisted suicide.” – Find out how helping can land you in court.
- “CW: Falling apart – That time when I got THAT call.” – a gut-wrenching, emotional tale about a call you dread.
- “NROP: One blunder to avoid when following Christmas trends.” – There is real controversy regarding putting up Christmas decorations. Make sure you know what NOT to do.
- “BT: Answer me this: The importance of images + The Secret Trio of success.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: You, Me And Mystery Letter: The Truth.” – What would you do if you got a letter from a stranger? A short story.
- “NROP: Do you taste that cow with your veggies?” – Find out how real vegetarian things really are.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; Drag yourself through the finish line.” – Last call for action. We are almost at the end of the year. Keep going. You can make it!
- “HW: #TuesdayThoughts: Is being single economically smart?” – reveals how expensive life can be if you are single.
- “HW: #WednesdayWisdom – Appreciate those that help you.” – a personal account of how it feels to not be appreciated. Includes tips on how to express gratitude.
- “CW: Would you answer a call from your dead husband?” – a short story about a phone call from the grave.
- “HW: #ThrowbackThursday; A birthday party that I will never forget.” – My first major birthday party included cake, booze, flirtation, and more.
- “HW: #FridayFeeling; The best way to achieve bliss.” – The best way to feel relaxed if you work for a living.
- “Award ceremony – November 2019. Receiving and giving.” – The announcement of the winner of the Brain Stormer Award for November 2019.
- “NROP: Do we really need toys? Some people think they are evil.” – Would you sign a petition to ban toys? See who did and why?
- “CW: When pigs fly.” – a tall-tale. It is so crazy, yet so true. Competition submission (finalist).
- “Content poll/ Which posts of mine do you enjoy reading the most?” – Feedback request.
- “NROP: An easy way to get your wedding photos banned from Pinterest.” – another crazy idea by social media in the name of the good of people.
- “BT: Answer me this: The Secret Trio of success + Tags.” – community’s answers to last month’s question and a new question.
- “CW: Bean there, done that.” – an editing challenge. Competition submission (finalist).
- “NROP: No rest for the wicked. Why are some considered less worthy of rest than others?” – a look into whose dead body is more valuable.
- “CW: A bull in a china shop.” – flash fiction. 99 words.
- “Goldie is a published author!” – Read my story from an aspiring writer to a published one.
- “NROP: How do you feel about prisoners making your Christmas cards?” – on card making and card-sending etiquette; a tale about a cry for help – a message in a bottle.
- “Static Dreams vol. 2 available in paperback!” – an announcement that a book with my story in it is available for purchase at select retailers.
- “HW: #MondayMotivation; Be proud of yourself.” – New Year’s resolutions or not, focus on what you have achieved to date and where you want to go from there.
- “Award ceremony – December 2019. Receiving and giving.” – Q&A with Goldie + The announcement of the winner of the Brain Stormer Award for December 2019.
- This post.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Hit LIKE.
Have some thoughts on the topic? Share in the COMMENTS.
Do you regularly enjoy my blog? Be sure to FOLLOW.
Are my posts getting lost in your busy Reader? Try SUBSCRIBING.
Want to get to know me better? Check me out on Twitter @EnneaGramType8.