The “Block” Party is hereby announced closed due to a neighbor’s noise complaint. It ran from 9/3/19 to 9/13/19 and it was a blast. I hope you all had a good time chatting, drinking, snacking and, most of all, connecting with other bloggers. It would be great to see you all next year for the annual Block Party!
It is September, which means that it is time for yet another Block Party! Are you as excited as I am?
My blog was barely three months old when I first decided to throw a Block Party. Why do I call it that? Wikipedia defines a block party as: “a party in which many members of a single community congregate, either to observe an event of some importance or simply for mutual enjoyment. The name comes from the form of the party, which often involves closing an entire city block to vehicle traffic.” Rather early on I knew that I did not just want to write for the sake of writing. What I wanted more was to connect THROUGH writing. WordPress gives us this opportunity with the comment section option.
While during the first one I worked tirelessly behind the scenes to get to know every single one of my fellow bloggers and shine the spotlight on them, I could not do that last year due to the size of my audience (WOOHOOO!). This year, I decided to combine a little bit of what I did the first time around with what I did last year.
- Have fun. This is a party. Shake loose.
- If you have Twitter, feel free to share your handle with us.
- Write a short description of what your blog is about.
- Share a link to one of your posts.
- Answer at least one of the below questions.
a) When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time and why?
b) If you had a “get out of jail free” card, what crime would you commit and why?
c) If you could breed two totally different animals together, what new animal would you create and why?
d) What is your favorite mode of transportation and why?
- Visit the blog to which a link was posted last (the one before you; my comment section is organized the way that the oldest comment shows up first, so be sure to scroll down for the latest comment).
- Visit as many other blogs as you can.
- Check them out on social media if you want to.
- Leave some feedback for the blogs you visited on THEIR page.
- Comment here under the link you visited with a short “commented”, or something similar.
The plan is to leave this party going for a week. However, I do reserve the right to close it sooner or prolong it if I see fit.
Did you enjoy reading this post? Hit LIKE.
Have some thoughts on the topic? Share in the COMMENTS.
Do you regularly enjoy my blog? Be sure to FOLLOW.
Are my posts getting lost in your busy Reader? Try SUBSCRIBING.
Want to get to know me better? Check me out on Twitter @EnneaGramType8.