*NOMINATION NO. 1, 2 and 3*
*MYSTERY BLOGGER AWARD*
(See page 1 for thanks and intro.)
FROM: Sim, who blogs from the heart of Africa, armed with folk stories, humor and good advice. She is scheduled to go self-hosting tomorrow, so I look forward to her new and improved blog site. Even the sky does not seem to be the limit for her.
FROM: Nash, who blogs from Europe about life or death situation. Well, not really, but the topics he brings up are crucial in our everyday lives. He is always looking for a room to better himself, and so he is in the process of writing multiple (!) books.
FROM: The Irish Procrastinator, who is Irish, and a procrastinator (surprise, surprise!) shares her thoughts on various subjects, with a pinch of an Irish accent (or slang) and a cup of humor. You can find poetry and prompt responses on her blog as well.
If you, like I used to, wonder what this mysterious “Mystery” award is all about, wonder no more.
About The Award:
This is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
Now that makes me feel super special. It made me blush. Truly wonderful complements.
- Put the award image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the questions given to you.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Nominate other people to receive this award.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blogs.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice; with one weird/funny question (specify)
- Share a link to your best post (s).
QUESTIONS (from Sim) and ANSWERS:
- Do you sing in the shower?
Not really. Only if I play some music (not always), hear a song I like, and am in a good mood.
- Outside blogging, what do you do?
I eat. I sleep. I breathe. And lots more things. Oh, you meant professionally? I am currently in-between jobs (my choice).
- How do you feel about women talking down women?
I don’t know why anyone would talk anyone down. I think there are good and bad things to say about everyone, though. No one is perfect.
- Do you think a public embarrassment deserves a public apology or any apology is fine?
It depends on how big the embarrassment really is. And if the “public” is comprised of random people I will never seen again, or of people whom I know and see often. Let me direct you to a post of mine I wrote a while back on the topic of apologies.
- If aliens invaded earth and you could only take 3 things (not humans). What would you take?
I want to say: “My laptop”, but I don’t know if there is electricity wherever it is that they will take me. Most definitely I will take some paper and a pen that is supposed to write in space. I’d probably take my glasses, too, so I could see properly.
QUESTIONS (from Nash) and ANSWERS:
- Chocolate or vanilla ?
As a kid, I was all about chocolate. Now I like vanilla sometimes.
- Money or eternal life ?
Either/or. Not an easy question. But, after much deliberation, I think I would have to go with eternal life, because it would allow me to acquire a lot of money AND allow me to live forever (giving me opportunities to see and do so many different things).
- Pick new name for yourself ?
- Lion or tiger ?
- Good looks or intelligence ?
That’s a no brainer. I truly appreciate intelligence.
QUESTIONS (from CoaIP) and ANSWERS:
1. If you were trapped on an isolated hilltop after your plane had crashed with your family and friends, would you resort to starvation or cannibalism?
Having us all starve would be just plain silly. As much as I can be stubborn, I also like to think of myself as somewhat reasonable, logical and efficient. Because of this, cannibalism would be a no brainer. Of course, we would try and look for other sources of food, first. I would also be slightly worried about contracting kuru and other human eating relating illnesses. We’d have to get a fire going before we could BBQ anything.
2. If your best friend had murdered someone would you help bury the body?
Ha! Nice try. I am not saying anything until I get a subpoena and a lawyer.
3. Do you ever wonder – what next – after the end of your time? if so, what is next?
Yes, sometimes I wonder what’s next, but prefer on focusing what is here and now.
4. You know in the movies when the victims are being chased by the terrible nasty and they hit them, and think they are dead, but look back and discover the body gone?? If this was YOU how would you ensure the thing stays dead?
That has to be one of my biggest pet peeves of all time. Alongside the “even though I know the murderer is hiding there, let me go up to the attic, with no light and no weapon, just to make sure” and the “sure, I’m about to kill you, but I will let you talk, just to give you time to think of an alternative plan and kill me instead”.
Just make sure whatever it is you’re whacking stays dead. Unload your magazine. Use all blunt objects around you, etc.
5. What’s the meanest thing you have ever hoped would happen to someone ……….. eh??
I don’t think I actually “hoped” for anything bad to happen. I can get pretty angry at someone and the unfairness of the world, but ultimately, I do not wish anything bad on anyone. I have faith that they will get what is planned for them. And there is no need to clutter my brain with such negativity.
3 THINGS ABOUT ME:
- I wear classes.
- I am temporarily unemployed.
- I think “The Leftovers” was a good show.
MY “BEST” POST: (What is that even supposed to mean?)
Since I’m not sure how to choose the “best” one, I decided to share a story I wrote a while back.
- As the rules state, I had to come up with a “weird” question. Without going into a monologue on what I think “weird” means, I decided to go with: “What would you use pickle juice for? Feel free to give more than one answer.
- What’s the time of day you enjoy blogging the most?
- How do you promote your blog?
- Do you think being an only child is a good, or bad thing? Why?
- What’s your ideal weather?